– and that’s it for you?
The below mentioned article nicely confirms that even in pandemic times you can negotiate your salary when you respect some basic rules:
1) make it clear you understand that the moment of your negotiation doesn’t seem perfect but that you would like to discuss the next steps of your contribution and career development
2) demonstrate how you have already added value to the company – beyond your normal job description- and discuss how you can further contribute especially during the times of crisis
3) do not exert pressure but nevertheless make sure you drive the process and fix the next step of your conversation because
4) do not only think in terms of salary but also consider other benefits
5) you might not succeed in the first meeting…
..but a promotion or higher salary after some more rounds is still a full success and has demonstrated your win-win attitude and your interest in a medium/ long term partnership with the company
If you need support www.SalaryNegotiations.at
Read the Article mentioned here.
Discover more blog posts about Salary Negotiations.